This is a super quick post done at….about 1:30…am. I was out grocery shopping the other day and was looking at new foods to try (because that’s something I just love to do) and I came across this. I’m not a fan of peanut butter, but in trying to eat healthier things (on occasion, lol) I decided to give it a try. At first I was going to venture out and buy a whole jar of one flavor, but just as I decided not to I saw the sample packets. What other excuse did I have not to try? Not one.
Every so often a basket of delicious cookies would magically appear at work. I didn’t know who made them at first, but I always helped myself. They were for sharing of course. Eventually I found out these delicious treats were shortbread cookies. YUM. Remember that cookbook this recipe came from? Well, it just so happen it also has a recipe for shortbread. Of course, I had to try it.
I haven’t juiced in a very long time.
For those of you following me on Instagram you saw the massive amount of chocolate I got for Valentine’s day (total surprise). Within that were two bags of white chocolate chips and a white chocolate baking bar. While the baking bar didn’t make it, along with the Hershey kisses and milk and white chocolate hearts, the chocolate chips survived. I didn’t want to eat them plain, so I held on to them hoping for a better way to use them. I’ve made blondies before and they were amazing, so I decided to try them again and put a slight twist to them.
So I’ve done a tad bit more juicing since my first post, and I thought I’d share some more of my thoughts.
- Raspberries don’t produce as much juice as I thought.
- Blueberries produce more juice than I thought.
- Pineapple and orange is still amazing.
- Eventually I will stop picking up a nectarine when I want a peach.
- Fizz is still annoying.
- Adding water makes it so much better.
I was told to keep it simple, so I will. I’m still working up the courage to try vegetables. Maybe even vegetables only. Eek! How do you like juicing and what are some of your favorite recipes?
Yes. I had never heard of beer bread until I got the kit as a gift.
One of my cooking goals is to get a good cookbook and make every recipe in it…
..so for Christmas I got a cookbook…and a nice knife set. 🙂
So apparently I decided to bring in the new year by juicing. These are some things that I learned:
- A pumello tastes like a less bitter grapefruit.
- Juicing a mango was a bad idea. It turned more into a purée that wound up clogging my juicer.
- Pineapple also clogged my juicer. I’ll have to clean the filter every so often while juicing them. I don’t know what happened this time around because I didn’t run into this problem before. I did use precut pineapple the first time. Maybe that mattered.
I thought I’d share that tidbit with you. Enjoy the first day of your new year!
Later that morning: Will not use these combinations again. lol
I got a juicer for Christmas and I’m getting ready to play with it! Sweet!